I am using cr0.3, and Blender 2.92 on all machines.
I am a bit surprised that this render which was started last night is taking quite so long. The 3 computers being used are:
1) 8-core 4.1 Ghz RTX2060
2)8-core 3.9 Ghz RTX 2070,
3) 4-core 4.1 Ghz, GTX 1050ti.
I left automatic load balancing because I thought while the first few renders might take longer, it would do a more exact job of balancing the job between them over time. But the job is only 19 frames in and the reason is because the older machine seems to be having too much to do. It's on 39% now while the other computers sit idle. And I spotted it 20-30 minutes ago at 26% or so....and the other computers had finished then as well. I don't know when they finished their jobs.
Surely load balancing should have worked out how long the older computer needs per tile by now and balanced its load accordingly?
Sure - I really should have done that at the time...useless bellyaching here and I think I did start getting stuff together. But I only have limited time and bug reports have to be done thoroughly for them to be of any use to you.
There'll be opportunity to give CR another crack in the near future so when/if it causes problems I'll try to pull together a decent report.
Hi Rohan, ok, I'd like to help out here, but, can you share a bit more about your project? I think you should submit a ticket to our support system. https://www.crowd-render.com/report-a-problem
Update: I came back after 3 hours and Old VFX had only gone up 66%. Which is clearly not right. I've stopped and restarted the render. I'll update if the situation improves.
Update 2: Yeah, nah....it's not balancing the computers properly. I've gone to manual load balancing, but it might be more efficient to use the placeholder method and render on each computer separately.
I have yet to successfully render anything with CR, despite having the perfect setup for it. I'll keep plugging away.
Update 3: Sadly, none of the Crowdrender frames worked....they were all black. Everything works fine local mode. Everything looked like they were rendering...everything synced, and all the computers were connecting fine. The renders took the right sort of time per computer, but the only things printed were black frames.
It's maddening I can't CR to work.